This project is read-only.
2

Closed

New Campaign Problem

description

I've just made the install and attempted to create a new campaign, however, I only get to step 3/4.
 
At this stage I get the following message: <error> Extention not found or permission denied</error>
 
Could someone please help?

file attachments

Closed Jun 16, 2010 at 1:13 PM by raly76
Solved in next release

comments

stephenj wrote May 14, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Just to update.

At step 3/4, i can progress to stage 4/4 and send the email, however, at both step 3/4. and 4/4 I get the error. Basically I can't see the templates. I've checked the permissions and they seem okay.

forzagaribaldi wrote Jun 1, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Experiencing exactly the same problem. Again, permissions look fine, have checked all files appear to be installed correctly. This on an install with no Runway and very few packages installed. The one of note may be blog4umbraco (having searched on the error message). I had previously installed on a box with the same OS, IIS, DB, etc but no blog package and no issues. Environment is Windows 2008 R2 Standard, IIS 7, .NET 3.5.1, SQL Server 2008 SP1 Enterprise x64

wrote Jun 3, 2010 at 5:24 PM

forzagaribaldi wrote Jun 3, 2010 at 5:24 PM

We fixed this for us. The problem was in restExtensions.config. We have blog4umbraco installed and although there was an extension created for embedNewsletter it was empty. The permissions (for methods Emb, Embstep4, EmbSend, SendCampaign) were being added to ext Blog4Umbraco. In fact they were also all duplicated as well as we uninstalled and reinstalled the umbNewsletter package. Simply cut from the first extension and pasted into the second one (see attached for correct version).

It seems this is an installer bug. Hopefully this helps you fix things if you still have the issue stephenj.

forzagaribaldi wrote Jun 3, 2010 at 5:59 PM

Just having had a look around, I think Installer.cs could be altered to prevent this happening, Line 228 needs to target the correct ext node rather than the first one - something like:

node = document.SelectSingleNode("/RestExtensions/ext[alias='embedNewsletter']");

would presumably do this. Not tried as don't have a working version of this project ;-)

wrote Jun 3, 2010 at 6:00 PM

stephenj wrote Jun 3, 2010 at 11:12 PM

Hi forzagaribaldi

Your solution worked perfectly for me - thanks very much: you are an absolute saint.

wrote Jun 16, 2010 at 1:13 PM

wrote Feb 13, 2013 at 7:52 PM

wrote May 16, 2013 at 5:04 AM